This performance is part of the Krannert Center Youth Series, school-day performances for public, private, and home schools, grades PreK-12.
This renowned Italian theatre company has inspired Krannert Center audiences with tales of butterfly metamorphoses, trips to the Arctic Circle, and splashes in the Mediterranean Sea. Its latest interactive piece, Panda’s Home, climbs into a metaphorical journey through Chinese culture. Bamboo forests creak and sway, fireworks light up the sky, lanterns glow, kites soar in the skies, and across the interactive, multimedia “carpet,” the beauty and diversity of the Chinese landscape is elegantly revealed.
Connects to Illinois Learning Standards in Fine Arts, Social/Emotional Learning, and Science.
Note: seating capacity is 120 for each performance. The audience will be seated on stage, and small groups of students will be invited to walk onto the performance area for short periods of time. Because of the special staging of this performance, children will be required to remove their shoes.
Recommended for grades PreK-2
Performance length: 60 minutes
Campaign for Young Audiences
- Phyllis & Kyle Robeson, Lead Sponsors
- In Memory of Mary Ellen Wonderlin
- Susan & Michael Haney
- Gertrude Brokaw McCloy Endowment
- Dr. Donna Murray Tiedge & Robert Tiedge
- JSM Management
Youth Series Programming
- Ann H. Bender Youth Series Endowment
- Leslie & Gary Mason
- Brenda & Stephen Pacey
- Jill & James Quisenberry
- Prudence & Bernard Spodek
- The Susan Sargeant McDonald Endowed Fund for Youth Programming (Suzi was the founder/developer of the Krannert Center Youth Series)
- Anne & David Sharpe
- In Memory of Charles R. & Valeria Novak Taylor
- UpClose Marketing & Printing
- Illinois Arts Council
- National Endowment for the Arts
Krannert Center thanks our event sponsors—performances at the Center could not happen without their support. We hope you will consider joining them, to ensure Krannert Center’s vibrancy now and for generations to come. Learn more about sponsoring an event »