LAST UPDATED FEbruary 7, 2024
Academic Professional Positions
No Academic Professional positions are available at this time. Check back regularly for updates.
Civil Service Positions
No Civil Service Positions are available at this time. Check back regularly for updates.
Extra Help Building Operations Attendants (part-time): Work includes custodial work and assistance in the conversion and maintenance of facilities and equipment in a large multi-purpose building. Must possess physical dexterity and have the ability to lift heavy objects. Interested applicants may contact John Williams at jowillia [at] illinois.edu or 217.333.6702.
Professional Stagehands, contact Seth Wheeler at sww22 [at] illinois.edu.
Scene Shop Student Worker
Job duties will include:
- Build, rig, load-in, and load-out academic production scenery in an efficient and safe manner as instructed or as indicated in drawings.
- Operate various hand, power, & pneumatic tools in a safe manner, including both wood and metalworking tools.
- Attend various tool and safety trainings as needed.
- Clearly communicate the progress of projects to Shop Staff and/or Technical Director
- Inform Shop Staff of any broken or damaged tools and equipment.
- Inform Shop Staff of low or depleted shop inventory.
- Maintain a positive and pleasant attitude and work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the Scene Shop and performance spaces.
- Perform additional shop related tasks and projects as assigned.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Ryan Schultz, Technical Director, at ryans [at] illinois.edu (subject: Scene%20Shop%20Student%20Worker%20application) with subject line "Scene Shop Student Worker application."