LAST UPDATED August 29, 2023
Academic Professional Positions
No Academic Professional positions are available at this time. Check back regularly for updates.
Civil Service Positions
No Civil Service positions are available at this time. Check back regularly for updates.
- Extra Help Building Operations Attendants (part-time): Work includes custodial work and assistance in the conversion and maintenance of facilities and equipment in a large multi-purpose building. Must possess physical dexterity and have the ability to lift heavy objects. Interested applicants may contact John Williams at jowillia [at] illinois.edu or 217.333.6702.
- Professional Stagehands, contact Seth Wheeler at sww22 [at] illinois.edu.
Communications Student Worker
The Krannert Center communications team is looking for a highly organized, creative, and energetic student to help the team with project management, administrative support, marketing reporting, and general support as needed. If you are creative, analytical, and looking to learn more about arts marketing we would love to meet you!
Student will provide the following support:
- Track and organize communications and design projects in Asana or project management software;
- Provide administrative support to communications director and team;
- Schedule and assist with external vendors to schedule meetings and site visits and ensure prompt payment;
- Other tasks as needed.
- Basic project management experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Highly organized;
- Excellent communication skills via email, phone, video, and in person.
Duties and Work Environment:
Must have availability for some onsite work and one staff meeting a week.
Schedule and Hours:
10-15 hours. Preference for Tues/Thurs availability.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to communications [at] krannertcenter.com (subject: Krannert%20Center%20Communications%20Student%20Worker%20Application) ; specify "Krannert Center Communications Student Worker Application" in subject line.
Costume Rentals Assistant
The Costume Rentals Assistant works with the Costume Rentals Director to provide maintenance support for the costume rentals department in support of student, faculty, and guest artists’ creative projects and coordinate, deliver, and/or work with clients (students, faculty, staff, and outside entities) to create solutions when the costumes they need are unavailable. Maintain the organization of the physical and online inventory as described to you by the Costume Rentals Director.
Skills Required: No skills other than an Illinois state driver's license required. On the job training provided.
60% Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Conduct yourself in a professional manner when interacting with clients and the public as well as any shop personnel.
Copy Costume Rentals Director on emails relating to rental clients.
Inspect costumes and fill out repair tags on damaged costumes in stock or upon receipt of a rental.
Pull, measure, tag, check-out, check-in ,and prepare dry-cleaning of costumes that go out for rentals.
Meet with clients to assist in pulling and checking out costumes.
Pull costumes according to clients’ requests based on period research, style, and size.
Co-manage and maintain the rentals racks used to restock rental costumes in all Costume Storage locations.
Replenish supplies in costume rentals kits located in all costume storage locations. (Ask Costume Rentals Director for supplies).
Assist in organizing, setting up, and maintaining the costume storage locations, both physical and online at kcpa.stagestock.com with data entry and data cleanup.
Maintain a positive and pleasant attitude and work environment.
Maintain a clean and safe working environment in all costume storages and the Costume Shop.
Perform additional Costume Shop related tasks and projects as assigned.
Assist in organizing and working at the Costume and Props Sale.
Ship and receive costume rental packages.
40% Basic Physical Requirements:
Standing for long periods of time, often 2+ hours.
Sitting for long periods of time often 2+ hours.
Looking at a computer screen for 2+ hours.
Lifting items from low and high places.
Carrying cumbersome loads.
Walking/climbing up a ladder.
Independently moving a rolling ladder from one location to another.
Bending and lifting.
Safely operating steamers.
Lifting 50 pounds.
Schedule and Hours
Flexible work schedule: Monday thru Friday 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm.
Undergrad sophomores: $14/hour; Undergrad juniors: $15/hour; Undergrad seniors: $16/hour.
Please send resume and cover letter to Richard Gregg, Costume Rentals Director, atrdg [at] illinois.edu (subject: Costume%20Rentals%20Assistant%20position%E2%80%94Krannert%20Center%20website%20) ( )rdg [at] illinois.edu; specify “Costume Rentals Assistant position—Krannert Center website” in subject line.
The Krannert Center Events Department is responsible for logistical planning and implementation of touring (Marquee) productions, School of Music concerts and recitals, commencement ceremonies, and other rental events at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, numbering over 250 events annually.
Events Production Assistant
The Krannert Center Events Department is responsible for logistical planning and implementation of touring (Marquee) productions, School of Music concerts and recitals, commencement ceremonies, and other rental events at Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, numbering over 250 events annually. The Events Production Assistant serves as a conduit between the Events office, the Production Office, the School of Music, Rental Clients, and KCPA staff on the day of the show. Responsibilities include acting as a liaison with the artist; live/virtual stage management; general inventory management; communicating with front of house staff, technical staff, catering, and building operations; and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
Production Assistants will work an average of 10-15 hours a week based on the production needs for each event. In addition, applicants must be available nights and weekends when school is in session, have excellent interpersonal skills, be reliable and self-motivated, and be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time. A valid driver’s license is required.
Pay rate: $14-$16/hour; rate is based on grade level and graduate/undergraduate status.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Bree Brock, Production Coordinator and Hiring Manager, at Bkb15 [at] illinois.edu (subject: Events%20Production%20Assistant%20application) , and reference "Events Production Assistant application" in subject line.
Scene Shop Student Worker
Job duties will include:
- Build, rig, load-in, and load-out academic production scenery in an efficient and safe manner as instructed or as indicated in drawings.
- Operate various hand, power, & pneumatic tools in a safe manner, including both wood and metalworking tools.
- Attend various tool and safety trainings as needed.
- Clearly communicate the progress of projects to Shop Staff and/or Technical Director
- Inform Shop Staff of any broken or damaged tools and equipment.
- Inform Shop Staff of low or depleted shop inventory.
- Maintain a positive and pleasant attitude and work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the Scene Shop and performance spaces.
- Perform additional shop related tasks and projects as assigned.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Ryan Schultz, Technical Director, at ryans [at] illinois.edu (subject: Scene%20Shop%20Student%20Worker%20application) with subject line "Scene Shop Student Worker application."
Ticket Office Student Cashier
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
Patron Services Host
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED