LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 29, 2023
Academic Professional Positions
No Academic Professional positions are available at this time. Check back regularly for updates.
Civil Service Positions
Krannert Center is looking for an organized and collaborative communicator to lead a team of diversely skilled communications professionals in creating, implementing, and evaluating communications strategies and plans. The Communications Director manages the Communications team’s workflow, fostering and empowering a collaborative work environment, positive team dynamic, efficient work processes, and creative, effective problem-solving in order to deepen and increase engagement with Krannert Center and the Performing Arts at Illinois. A detailed job description and application information can be found at the University of Illinois Careers website.
- Extra Help Editor (part-time)
The Extra Help Editor provides editorial, layout, and fact-checking services for visiting artist program booklets. Pay is $30/hour. Estimated time commitment is 25-35 hours per month. Work can take place at Krannert Center or remotely.
Duties of this position will be assigned as needed and could include:
- Obtain, compile, review, copyedit, and proof text copy for program booklets (40%)
- Lay out text and image content for program booklets using Adobe inDesign template. (50%)
- Manage print proofing and delivery. (10%)
Required: Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience in which job duties included writing or editing. Trustworthy ability to manage time and projects and to consistently deliver deadline-driven work. Experience with Adobe InDesign. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Comfort learning new computer-based skills. Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Preferred: Master’s degree. Working knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style.
Application deadline EXTENDED: Friday, December 8, 2023. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to communications [at] krannertcenter.illinois.edu (subject: Extra%20Help%20Editor%20Applications)
Extra Help Building Operations Attendants (part-time): Work includes custodial work and assistance in the conversion and maintenance of facilities and equipment in a large multi-purpose building. Must possess physical dexterity and have the ability to lift heavy objects. Interested applicants may contact John Williams at jowillia [at] illinois.edu or 217.333.6702.
- Professional Stagehands, contact Seth Wheeler at sww22 [at] illinois.edu.
Scene Shop Student Worker
Job duties will include:
- Build, rig, load-in, and load-out academic production scenery in an efficient and safe manner as instructed or as indicated in drawings.
- Operate various hand, power, & pneumatic tools in a safe manner, including both wood and metalworking tools.
- Attend various tool and safety trainings as needed.
- Clearly communicate the progress of projects to Shop Staff and/or Technical Director
- Inform Shop Staff of any broken or damaged tools and equipment.
- Inform Shop Staff of low or depleted shop inventory.
- Maintain a positive and pleasant attitude and work environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the Scene Shop and performance spaces.
- Perform additional shop related tasks and projects as assigned.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Ryan Schultz, Technical Director, at ryans [at] illinois.edu (subject: Scene%20Shop%20Student%20Worker%20application) with subject line "Scene Shop Student Worker application."