Quartet-in-residence at the University of Illinois, the Jupiter String Quartet has firmly established itself as an important voice in the world of chamber music. Violinists Nelson Lee and Megan Freivogel, violist Liz Freivogel (sister of Meg), and cellist Daniel McDonough (husband of Meg, brother-in-law of Liz) embody the enthusiasm and intensity of interplay that characterize chamber music at its best, bringing to their performances "equal parts daring and understanding" (Washington Post).
- Dvorák: Selection from Cypresses, B. 152
- II. Death Reigns in Many a Human Breast: Allegro ma non troppo
- III. When Thy Sweet Glances on Me Fall: Andante con moto
- XII. You Ask Me Why My Songs Are Racing: Allegro animato
- IX. Thou Only, Dear One, but for Thee: Moderato
- XI. Nature Lies Peaceful in Slumber and Dreaming: Allegro scherzando
- Janácek: String Quartet No. 2, "Intimate Letters"
- Schumann: String Quartet No. 3, Op.41 No. 3
- Andante espressivo; Allegro molto moderato
- Assai agitato; L’istesso tempo; Un poco adagio; Tempo risoluto
- Adagio molto
- Finale: Allegro molto vivace
This performance will last approximately one hour and 36 minutes, and includes a 20-minute intermission.