Dance for People with Parkinson's has returned to an in-person setting! Experience the fellowship of communal dance with professionally trained dance instructors Laura Chiaramonte (Dance at Illinois) and Kate Insolia. If you or a loved one is living with Parkinson’s, join us to explore gentle movement in a safe and welcoming environment. No dance experience is needed!
Set to uplifting, familiar music, this class lasts approximately 70 minutes and may assist with the preservation and improvement of balance, flexibility, and strength. Please dress comfortably for this full-body workshop.
- Garage entrances are on Illinois Street (the north side of the Center) and Oregon Street (the south side of the Center).
- Although parking in the Krannert Center garages is free after 5pm on weekdays and all day on weekends, participants in this weekday class must park at a meter.
- A limited number of metered spaces are located in both of the north garages (orange and yellow), entered from Illinois Street.
- Additional metered spaces are on each street surrounding the Center.
- Spaces marked with the accessibility sign can be found in each of the underground garages. Spaces with meters require payment even if accessible plates or hangtags are displayed.
- All other spaces in the underground garages are reserved on weekdays for permit holders. University of Illinois Parking patrols the lot regularly and will ticket anyone who is parked in a non-metered space without a paid lot permit.
Presented in partnership with Dance at Illinois.
This workshop was developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group, the Unity Parkinson’s Disease Support Group, Carle Clinic, Dance at Illinois, and Krannert Center.
If you believe in the life-affirming experiences that Krannert Center and the performing arts at Illinois make possible, please make a gift: email@example.com, KrannertCenter.com/Give, or faa.illinois.edu/giving.