Visitor Code of Conduct
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts is dedicated to the development and presentation of the performing arts and to serving the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, the regional community, and the field at large. We have adopted this Visitor Code of Conduct to ensure the comfort and protection of all who visit and use Krannert Center and to support our commitment to maintaining a comprehensive environment in which patrons, performers, students, staff, faculty members, and volunteers are treated with respect and dignity.
Behavior that is disruptive, potentially harmful to others, or otherwise negatively impacts experiences in the Krannert Center environment will not be tolerated.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal or physical harassment, including abusive language and gestures, threats, cursing, or sexual language directed at others.
- Disruptive behavior of any kind that interferes with the event or performance.
- Ignoring requests from venue staff and security regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Any form of discrimination or harassment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or appearance.
- The carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons onto Krannert Center grounds, unless specifically authorized by proper university authorities.
- Behavior that is in violation of government and university laws and regulations, including health and safety guidelines.
- Not complying with COVID-19 Safety Protocols. Proof of vaccination or recent negative test is required to attend in-theatre performances (except for The Nutcracker), and audience members must wear face coverings throughout the performance as well as in the Lobby except when actively eating or drinking in designated areas.
By purchasing a ticket; visiting Krannert Center; or engaging with Krannert Center staff by phone, email, or in person, you agree to the tenets and policies of Krannert Center’s Visitor Code of Conduct. If you are found to be in violation of this Code of Conduct, you may be removed from the premises. Repeat violations will result in being prohibited from returning in the future.
We appreciate your participation as we seek to provide a welcoming, inspiring environment for all. Thank you!