This performance is part of the Krannert Center Youth Series, school-day performances for public, private, and home schools, grades PreK-12.
Experience accordion music as never before! On-stage seating in the Foellinger Great Hall provides an intimate setting for this extraordinary experience. Praised for her engaging stage presence and performances that are technically and musically brilliant, Hanzhi Wang is the first accordionist to win First Prize in the Young Concert Artists International Auditions in its 57-year history of discovering extraordinary musicians. She will welcome young people into the world of accordion playing with a concert featuring music from Bach and Mozart, as well as contemporary selections such as The Little Match Girl from her new CD, In the Path of H. C. Andersen.
Connects to Illinois Learning Standards in Fine Arts and Social/Emotional Learning.
Recommended for grades 3-6
Performance length: 60 minutes
Campaign for Young Audiences
- Phyllis & Kyle Robeson, Lead Sponsors
- Gertrude Brokaw McCloy Endowment
- Clarette & Zvi Ritz
- Susan & Michael Haney
- Dr. Donna Murray Tiedge & Robert Tiedge
- Stevie Jay Broadcasting (Q96, ESPN 93.5, US1059, Christian FM 95.3)
Youth Series Programming
- The Spodek Family in memory of Bernard Spodek
- Ann H. Bender Youth Series Endowment
- The Susan Sargeant McDonald Endowed Fund for Youth Programming (Suzi was the founder/developer of the Krannert Center Youth Series)
- Brenda & Stephen Pacey
- Jill & James Quisenberry
- Anne & David Sharpe
- Illinois Arts Council
- National Endowment for the Arts
Krannert Center thanks our Youth Series sponsors—performances at the Center could not happen without their support. We hope you will consider joining them, to ensure Krannert Center’s vibrancy now and for generations to come. Learn more about supporting the Youth Series »