Experience the fellowship of communal dance with instructors Laura Chiaramonte and Kate Kuper of Dance at Illinois. If you or a loved one is living with Parkinson’s, join us to explore gentle movement in a safe, welcoming environment.
Set to uplifting, familiar music, this 70-minute monthly class may assist with the preservation and improvement of balance, flexibility, and strength. Please dress comfortably for this full-body workshop.
Workshop Location: Level 2 Rehearsal Rooms
• The Drama Rehearsal Room can be reached most directly from the Yellow and Orange parking garages (off of Illinois Street).
• If you need help locating the Drama Rehearsal Room, you can watch our YouTube video that walks you from the Orange parking garage to the class.
Please note: The 10am morning classes are held in the Drama Rehearsal Room and the 6:30pm evening classes are held in the Opera Rehearsal Room.
• Parking in the Krannert Center garages is free after 5pm on weekdays and all day on the weekends.
• A limited number of metered spaces are located on every level of the underground garage (15 minutes for $0.25).
• Additional metered spaces are on each street surrounding the Center.
• Spaces marked with the accessibility sign can be found on every level of the underground garages. Metered spaces require payment unless you have a meter-exempt hangtag or license plate.
• All other spaces in the underground garage are reserved for permit holders. Campus Parking patrols the lots regularly and will ticket anyone who does not have a permit parked in these spots.
This workshop was developed by the Mark Morris Dance Group, the Unity Parkinson’s Disease Support Group, Carle Clinic, Dance at Illinois, and Krannert Center.