KStore Student Worker (Federal Work Study only)
If you’d love to work at Krannert Center AND you are eligible for Federal Work Study—this job’s for you!
Seeking a student assistant to work in the Krannert Center Scene Shop Store/Tool Room (KStore). The store sells theatrical supplies (lumber, hardware, paint, fabric) and loans out tools for use within the building. Students will be assigned a variety of tasks, including data entry, customer service, mail distribution, inventory, stocking, deliveries, and advertisement postings on and off campus. Available to Federal Work Study students only.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive
- Knowledge/experience with tools and hardware or performing arts
- Accuracy in both data entry and counting/measuring of materials
- Proactive attitude toward detail and order
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds by self or with assistance
- Willingness to walk long distances
- Willingness to wear PPE as requested
- Freshman, sophomore, or junior standing in fall of 2020—senior applicants not accepted
- At least 16 hours of available time for use in determining 10-hour weekly work schedule
Actual hours are determined by applicant’s class schedule, but applicants must be willing to work as early as 8am or as late as 5pm, Monday through Friday. If you have issues with getting up early, please do not apply.
Preference given to the following applicants:
- Students in the Fine and Applied Arts curriculum at Krannert Center
- Students with experience and/or knowledge of tools and hardware
- Students with extracurricular theatrical or construction experience
To apply: send email WITH RESUME to Bill Kephart at kephrt [at] illinois.edu.